Configuring email

Questions and answers about change of functions, design, hosting etc.

Moderators: Koduc, Xpycm

Forum rules
Pay attention! Forum is not a means for guaranteed support of clients and users. An answer as well as a quick answer is not supposed on the forum. We post messages as soon as possible.

The message limit on the forum is 3 messages per day.
If you want to say "thank you" then use the function "Give good reputation point", which is a green icon "plus" under the nickname of the person, who answered the message.

Configuring email

Postby Simey » 13 Aug 2019, 21:00

Hello

I've been trying to configure email for two or three days but without success. I've become so confused that I am now just going around in circles. So, to try to explain as simply as possible, I'm testing by using the contact us page. I think I have set up the default account properly by going into admin -> Settings -> Settings -> Select email from the drop down box. The admin email is typed correctly, SMTP server is switched off (the same as in the demo company). The SMTP address, port, login and password are the same as the demo because I assume they are not being accessed.

When I complete the contact us form a green message box pops up saying "Thank you for message! We will answer you as soon as possible. The email never arrives....

Can someone please help - this is driving me mad!

Best regards and thanks in advance.
Simey
Stranger

Reputation point: 0

Re: Configuring email

Postby andipas » 14 Aug 2019, 12:19

Hello
Sending mail works only through SMTP on most hosting. Set up and enable SMTP, you could use SMTP from gmail.com
andipas
Web Developer
Web Developer

Reputation point: 1

Return to Questions and help for changes