Update from 1.7.2 to 1.8.2

Questions and answers about change of functions, design, hosting etc.

Moderators: Koduc, Xpycm

Forum rules
Pay attention! Forum is not a means for guaranteed support of clients and users. An answer as well as a quick answer is not supposed on the forum. We post messages as soon as possible.

The message limit on the forum is 3 messages per day.
If you want to say "thank you" then use the function "Give good reputation point", which is a green icon "plus" under the nickname of the person, who answered the message.

Update from 1.7.2 to 1.8.2

Postby cmederos » 03 Jul 2014, 08:35

Hello there, I have a question, have a ORE (free version ) 1.7.2 running fine in my site, and made some changes and spanish (mexican) traslation that I don't want to to loose, but how can update to new version without loose that changes?, I tried to upload the new version files but have some errors, and cpanel only shows a new instalation.

I think this is a very good product, and waiting to make a little money to buy the pro version.

Thanks in advance for your help, and regards from beautiful Mexico

Carlos Mederos
cmederos
Stranger

Reputation point: 0

Re: Update from 1.7.2 to 1.8.2

Postby andipas » 04 Jul 2014, 12:21

1) We can explain only the updating procedure within the same version, such as from 1.8.0 to 1.8.1.
The updating procedure between different versions is much more complicated, because where will be design, code, styles and js files changes.
All these changes can not be taken into account in the script upgrading.
Moreover, such situation is not excluded : we post anUpdater from version 1.5 to 1.6 with a warning that any design and file changes will not be saved. As is quite common, some users don't read these warnings. Such user runs an Updater without making a full backup (files and DB dump). Everything has been updated and theself-made design is erased. As the result, he sends us letter bombs to take the design back.

We send an installation archive of the new version to the owners of paid versions on request http://open-real-estate.info/ru/downloa ... eal-estate
In other words, if you have bought the version 1.7, so you get the installatorof 1.8 free of charge on request by email, icq or skype.

One method of self-updating:
For example: You have ORE 1.7. The version 1.8 was released. What steps should take:
1) Download the version 1.8. Unpack it.
2) Take the previously downloaded 1.7 without any changes from your archives
3) Compare all files in WinMerge/Araxis Merge
4) Transfer the changes to the version 1.5, including the changes in the DB tables.
5) As the result, you have the version 1.8 from 1.7

If you don't know how to work with the WinMerge/Aragis Merge or you don't have enough time for self-upgrading, we can upgrade your version with the saving of all changes in files and ads/news/articles/translations/settings at extra charge.
andipas
Web Developer
Web Developer

Reputation point: 1

Return to Questions and help for changes