How to change email header

Questions and answers about change of functions, design, hosting etc.

Moderators: Koduc, Xpycm

Forum rules
Pay attention! Forum is not a means for guaranteed support of clients and users. An answer as well as a quick answer is not supposed on the forum. We post messages as soon as possible.

The message limit on the forum is 3 messages per day.
If you want to say "thank you" then use the function "Give good reputation point", which is a green icon "plus" under the nickname of the person, who answered the message.

How to change email header

Postby saha66 » 15 Oct 2014, 11:34

Hi,

When I register in my website the registration email will be send to my email and when i check the sender of email it seems that it comes from the administration email of website not the name of website.

I want that when emails send to users in email header, the From section in email header shows sender of email foe example to Domain.com .

Thanks in advance
saha66
Passer

Reputation point: 0

Re: How to change email header

Postby Xpycm » 15 Oct 2014, 11:58

Hi.

It's simple!

Log as admin.

Dashboard->Settings->"Email" section->"Owner email, Owner name, Send emails from the name of (if it is not set, so an email is sent from the name of the administrator )" option -> Update
Dropbox
Open Real Estate CMS: FAQ | FAQ 2 | FAQ 3
Xpycm
Web Developer
Web Developer

Reputation point: 2

Postby saha66 » 15 Oct 2014, 15:40

Thanks a lot

But can you tell me where is the main php mailer script?

I want to change the email header such az From and Sender, please help me. if it possible by some details please.

Thanks in advance
saha66
Passer

Postby saha66 » 15 Oct 2014, 15:45

about:
--------------------
Dashboard->Settings->"Email" section->"Owner email, Owner name, Send emails from the name of (if it is not set, so an email is sent from the name of the administrator )" option -> Update
---------------------------------------------
It works, but you know when i send an email such as recover email, in email header the From section it shows something that I changed such as your answer but in details between <> it shows my admin email that is gmail account and I don want to be so.

And in the Sender section it shows server hostname.

Thanks in advance
saha66
Passer

Postby Koduc » 02 Nov 2014, 14:18

saha66 wrote:in email header the From section it shows something that I changed such as your answer but in details between <> it shows my admin email that is gmail account and I don want to be so.

It is not possible to hide sender's address. All emails has sender's address.
-- Меньше знаешь - крепче спишь --
Koduc
Team lead
Team lead

Return to Questions and help for changes