Size of Slider Images

Write about issues that you have found.

Moderators: Koduc, Xpycm

Forum rules
Pay attention! Forum is not a means for guaranteed support of clients and users. An answer as well as a quick answer is not supposed on the forum. We post messages as soon as possible.

The message limit on the forum is 3 messages per day.
If you want to say "thank you" then use the function "Give good reputation point", which is a green icon "plus" under the nickname of the person, who answered the message.

Size of Slider Images

Postby 504buyorsell » 27 Jan 2014, 05:14

Hello. I have a specific problem regarding the correct size of the images in the slider on the home page. I replaced the original photos in the directory of a current listing without checking the size of the images before replacing them. Now, they are outside the parameters of the slide show, skewing the top of the home page. Does anyone have the correct specs for the slider images? Thank you in advance.
Insurance Services & Real Estate Wholesaling
504buyorsell
Stranger

Reputation point: 0

Re: Size of Slider Images

Postby 504buyorsell » 28 Jan 2014, 11:26

It doesn't appear to be the size of the images. Something is messed up in the coding. Anyone had experience with this? Any suggestions?
504buyorsell
Stranger

Postby 504buyorsell » 28 Jan 2014, 20:28

According to my hosting company, they recommend I seek help on this side since they are unable to fix. I've deleted the photos, reuploaded them a few times. I even tried uploading different sizes in its place. Nothing.

If it cannot be fixed, I'm willing to just not have the slideshow at this point.

The problem (I think) seemed to have occurred when I deactivated the "share" links on the top because when I reactivated them, the entire slideshow was skewed:
Code: Select all
Admin Panel >>> Settings >>> Share >>> Deactivate

I really don't want to reinstall because I have a listing on my property that I've marketed, linking back to it. Can anyone help? Any suggestions?
504buyorsell
Stranger

Postby 504buyorsell » 28 Jan 2014, 23:28

I apologize for the number of posts, but I figured out the size specifications: 500 by 280 px.

Not sure what happened by the slideshow is still messed up. I really think it has something to do with the settings for the social media "sharing" de/activation because now the drop down menu in the admin panel under settings isn't allowing me to choose anything other than home. I can't seem to get the slideshow to realign back in place. I will keep tinkering around with it until someone offers assistance. Thanks.
504buyorsell
Stranger

Postby 504buyorsell » 29 Jan 2014, 02:59

1) Send us the url address of your site’s page containing the issue: http://504buyorsell.com/buyers/deals
2) Describe in details your actions that cause the issue and name the page containing the issue: see above
3) Name your browser and its version. Chrome, Version 32.0.1700.76 m; Internet Explorer 11; and Firefox 26.0
504buyorsell
Stranger

Postby andipas » 29 Jan 2014, 09:21

Try cleaning cache - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=297
andipas
Web Developer
Web Developer

Reputation point: 1

Postby Xpycm » 29 Jan 2014, 10:57

Clearing the cache does not effect

Solution:
Open protected\extensions\minScript\controllers\ExtMinScriptController.php file.
After:
$tmp CFileHelper::getExtension(''); 

Add:
$tmp CLogger::LEVEL_ERROR
Dropbox
Open Real Estate CMS: FAQ | FAQ 2 | FAQ 3
Xpycm
Web Developer
Web Developer

Reputation point: 2

Postby Xpycm » 29 Jan 2014, 10:59

Download the latest version from our site - http://open-real-estate.info/en/downloa ... eal-estate.
And reinstall the script.
Dropbox
Xpycm
Web Developer
Web Developer

Postby 504buyorsell » 29 Jan 2014, 21:03

I did what you suggested here. I even downloaded the latest version and uploaded the file to insure I had coded it correctly (thank you for taking the time to respond). Same problem remains in all browsers noted above. Since I am using the latest version, I don't think a reinstallation of the package would help, unless there was a release date beyond 1/18/2014.

504buyorsell with a little bit of background wrote:There was a 500 error (no content in the middle of the home page) when I first installed the script from the hosting company's cpanel. Version 1.7.2 (released 01-18-2014). Support was able to clear that error. Everything was fine until I uploaded the new images for the slider. On a separate note, I am not sure what went wrong or if this has anything to do with the slider problem, but the java isn't working on the settings page in the admin panel when switched to anything other than "home" from the drop down menu. Before the slider problem, I had deactivated the "share" under the settings page in the admin panel, reactivated again, only to have gone back to the homepage to find it messed up - smeared all across the page in approximately 12 rows (found someone with the same problem and took a screenshot here). After that, I deactivated the sharing. I don't believe that there are any other issues at this time.

By the way, and despite these minor hiccups, I am impressed with the software package. Its simple and robust all at the same time. :)
504buyorsell
Stranger

Postby Xpycm » 30 Jan 2014, 07:36

Dropbox
Xpycm
Web Developer
Web Developer