Github

Your suggestions about improvements and new modules etc.

Moderators: Koduc, Xpycm

Forum rules
Pay attention! Forum is not a means for guaranteed support of clients and users. An answer as well as a quick answer is not supposed on the forum. We post messages as soon as possible.

The message limit on the forum is 3 messages per day.
If you want to say "thank you" then use the function "Give good reputation point", which is a green icon "plus" under the nickname of the person, who answered the message.

Github

Postby oaao » 24 Mar 2013, 20:27

It would be very helpful if the base code was public on Github or Bitbucket.

There have been minor improvements that I've wanted to push back to you guys, but sending patches takes so much time. It would also make upgrading easy.

As a company, your software would have some more exposure, get really good issue tracking built in, etc.

The only difficult part might be upgrading to pro using this system, but that could be handled with a local PEAR package applied on top of the Github base.
oaao
Stranger

Reputation point: 0

Re: Github

Postby Koduc » 27 Jun 2013, 08:14

There are some problems with github/bitbucket. We use a full PRO version for development. For this reason we can't provide access to repository. But if we make new repository for free version => we will have many problems with synchronizing between full and free versions.
-- Меньше знаешь - крепче спишь --
Koduc
Team lead
Team lead

Postby buysocio » 21 Oct 2021, 10:03

there are certain reasons due to which source code is not public in github. Also in pro version you can access some of the information more than public, but still main source code is hidden from you. I don't know the correct reason, but might be it is because github don't want to change the data code of any developer by any other developer by forking them.

Correct me if i am wrong.
buysocio
Stranger

Postby Foton » 22 Oct 2021, 15:17

You're right :-)
Foton
Web Developer
Web Developer

Reputation point: 1

Return to Improvements